So, I don’t want to talk about weight loss or diets or anything like that, but I have been thinking about being healthy a little bit more since having Julian. For the most part, I am pretty okay with the body I’ve got. I am never going to have super skinny thighs, but I have a strong body that can run and jump and carry my 17 pound baby around. The thing I have thinking about is that I really love food, and sometimes this causes me to come up with really ridiculous excuses for stuffing my face. And then I end up feeling sick and wondering when my mercifully kind metabolism is going to give out and I will actually have to worry about all that diet stuff. So here is my new motto: the only good reason to eat something is because you are hungry.
The following are all reasons other than hunger that I decided to eat something:
1. Because it is lunchtime or dinner time.
2.Because Julian is sleeping and I might not get to eat when he wakes up
3.Because I am weirdly possessive of leftovers and don’t want someone else to eat them before I get to.
4.Because Ted is eating something.
5.Because Ted dared me to finish the whole pizza.
7. Because I see a new drool-worthy recipe on smitten kitchen/pinterest/hear about one on the spilled milk podcast.
8. (related) because joy the baker perfected the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
9. Because it’s after midnight and I’m still awake.
10. Because I have a bad taste in my mouth.
11. Because I ate something unhealthy and I need to balance it out.
12. Because cooking is my favorite hobby.
See what I mean? Silly. So anyway, last night for dinner I roasted up a whole bunch of vegetables and we ate them topped with goat cheese and a drizzle of this amazing balsamic vinegar my mom sent me. Totally delicious and not exactly health food but also completely non-guilt inducing.