1. Well, here it is, Friday again and this is the only post of the week. Hopefully next week will be better. I have had a draft of a christmas recap just sitting there for over two weeks now waiting for me to get pictures off of ted’s phone. We’ll see if I get around to it next week-better late than never, right?
2. It happened to me again today…I’m driving home from work, I get off the freeway at my exit and right in front of me is an ambulance with a big window in the back. The siren is never on, but there is invariably a bare chested man facing me in the bed and all strapped to some kind of machinery. And since I am going to the hospital to pick up Ted, I have to avoid making awkward eye contact with whoever is in the back all the way there.
3. Tonight was one of those nights where we were completely starving but nothing sounded good. After spending way longer than necessary looking at recipes, I finally picked this one and I am pleased to report that it was delicious and even poor sick Teddy enjoyed it.
4. One of the best things about my job is that I can listen to books on tape all day long. So far, highlights have been Les Miserables, Lectures on Joseph Smith by Truman G. Madsen, some super nerdy egyptology novels my mom and I used to read when I was in high school, Bel Canto, and I am now slogging through Moby Dick. If anyone has any favorite audiobook suggestions, I would be most grateful.
5. I have started doing this weird new thing in the mornings…since we turn our heater all the way down at night, it is soooooo hard for me to make myself leave the warm haven of the bed. So I promise myself that right after my shower, I can dive back under the covers to blow-dry my hair. Weird, maybe, but it works.